X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REOPENED] Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

Hi guys,

I've just updated from Kubuntu 7.10 to Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE3). While the installation went through without a hitch, the operating itself is a bit another story. The fan runs constantly, which is very annoying and totally a different behavior compared to Kubuntu 7.10.

Please, any idea how to fix that? Which information can I provide to track that issue?

Cheers,
    Squirrel

Re: Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

Open Adept Manager and review the details on package i8kutils
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the fast response!

The package was not installed. I installed it now and did a reboot, however, the behavior is the same. The fan runs constantly (no load), while it doesn't under 7.10.

Off topic: Could a forum-admin maybe consider to change the redirect after login into the forum? I would like that it returns to the previous site rather than change to the main site...

Comment

Did you check K Menu to see if an application icon for i8kutils was added?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No menu entry.

Update
          ====
          It's better now. After 10 minutes or so the system get's it and runs the fan slower, not perfect but acceptable.

Comment

Re: [REOPENED] Fan runs constantly on Dell M1330 after update from 7.10

I'd like to come back to my posting. After several days running HH I can say for sure that the fans are running more frequently. Could it be the Kernel?

Comment

Could this be caused by strigi? After upgrading I found it was using 100% cpu on my system. You could try running 'top' at the command prompt to see if you have the same problem.

Comment

I never used 'strigi' in my life...

Comment

Working...
                X