This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod and USB external drive dont mount properly in hardy

I have an Ipod and a USB external drive both of which worked fine under gutsy but in Hardy they seem very unreliable. I use dolphin as a file manager and after connecting the ipod it doesnt usually appear under storage media but if I go to Root - Media via the left hand navigation bar it appears as a folder but not a device. My USB drive doesnt appear anywhere on my system.

Any idea how I could begin trouble shooting this?

Re: Ipod and USB external drive dont mount properly in hardy

Hi, I also have a similar problem in Hardy - the ipod mounted once, and I managed to get everything from it. I unmounted, but then the device wouldn't eject. Simply manually unplugging the ipod froze the media window, and wouldn't let me back in to amarok at all. (a reboot fixed this, but it's not ideal). Now the ipod won't mount at all, and the media window just sits at 'loading - 0%' forever. It actually brings the system grinding to a halt, I can't start some apps and things when I've tried to connect the ipod.

I've tried to find stuff relating to this in the forums, but there's nothing that seems to address this. Any help greatly appreciated, I know the ipod doesn't exactly play well with others, but I have one, and don't want to keep using my windows machine to sync it.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
    X