This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume buttons + KDE 4

In KDE 4, the volume buttons on my laptop don't affect the volume. How do I fix this?

Re: Volume buttons + KDE 4

I haven't used KDE 4, and don't know what you've already tried, but some ideas:

Have they worked before, like in KDE 3? If so and you have any way of getting a copy of your old xorg.conf, you could compare the lines in them relating to your keyboard. Perhaps KDE 4 just replaced it with generic keyboard settings.

I don't know whether it's different in KDE 4 or not, but in KDE 3, you could poke around in System Settings > Regional something-or-other > Keyboard Layout.

Google "your laptop model hot buttons linux" or even "...kde4". Sometimes you can find pages people have written about customizing a linux installation for a particular comp model's hardware or getting device x to work in linux.

Comment

They worked in KDE 3, and a diff of xorg.conf shows only two changes to the keyboard section - Option "CoreKeyboard", and Option "XkbVariant" "alt-intl". No other lines seem to have been removed anywhere. Googling doesn't show much.

Comment

You might try customizing it in System Settings. Here is a link that kinda explains how to do it:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3093465.0

Comment

haven't used kde4 some days, you need kmilo package I believe

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawk
            You might try customizing it in System Settings. Here is a link that kinda explains how to do it:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3093465.0
            Thanks! That's exactly what I needed (and is even better, because now I can customize it to affect certain channels!

+1 cookie!

Comment

Working...
            X