Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cell phone - How to download pictures and video?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cell phone - How to download pictures and video?

I want to download some pictures and a short video I have taken from my cell phone to the computer. But HH does not connect to my cell phone.

A search of the forums did not produce usable information.

lsusb output -> Bus 002 Device 010: ID 22b8:4902 Motorola PCS Triplet GSM Phone (AT)
    Is is also listed among usb devices in KInfoCenter.
    (correctly as Motorola V551J, " Triplet GSM Phone (AT)" and a product number)

So, the phone is there and found. However, Digikam does not find it, Konqueror does not see the files and nothing else happens.

Please, does anyone know how to get the pictures and the video from the phone to the computer.

Re: Cell phone - How to download pictures and video?

Does your phone have a micro SD card and your PC have a card reader? If so you could remove the card, insert it into a SD adapter and then insert into your card reader. That is what I have to do with my LG phone.

Best of luck.

Comment

I have the micro SD card but no card reader!

Comment

I have a Sony Ericsson phone and this works for me when i connect to Digicam. When i connect the phone to the computer then the pop-up dialog comes up and i select download photos with Digicam. Once Digicam opens then > camera, click dropdowm menu > browse media and select your memory card on the list (has your hard drives and removable drives if connected). You then have the option to download or delete the images. BTW i'm using 8.04 beta so if your's different Digicam may not work.

Comment

Thank you for the lead. I also use 8.04 Beta.

The camera is no longer detected when I connect it. How about a missing driver?

Comment

I don't think it's missing drivers. It's the way the kde 4 is operating currently because for the last 3 days Digicam was unable to find my camera. tried today and it's working perfectly. I've been losing function of some applications on and off but hopefully the release version will be 100% OK. Maybe the developers are just reminding us it's still a testing version. :P

Comment

Working...
            X