This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update bug

I can't remember exactly what version of kubuntu it was (7.04 or 7.10) but whenever I went to update stuff through the update manager, It would get so far but then it would fail at some point and then no matter what I did (reboot, try running it again) it wouldn't update again or run the package manager.

Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Update bug

May have seen something similar. What you may have done is lock the database. I had this happen a bit under 7.04? Ubuntu and 'damned slow dialup'.

If you attempt any changes in adept, do you get a message??

Comment

Re: Update bug

If you are in fact running 7.10 (Gutsy), then:

For Gutsy Installations:

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages. If you still have problems, open a console and type:
      Code:
      sudo dpkg --configure -a
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X