Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's worse than I first thought--minimize button makes application diisappear.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worse than I first thought--minimize button makes application diisappear.

At first I thought the minimize button was closing the application. It's not. What's actually happening is that the window is minimizing but not showing up on the task bar. When I tried alt-tab I had 10 instances of vmware-server running. So why don't I see them on the taskbar??

Re: minimize button closes application (should it??)

I believe you want:

K-Menu -> System Settings -> Look & Feel -> Window Behavior -> [tab] Titlebar Actions

? I hope.
    Jamendo | Wordpress | Dandelife | ccMixter | Csound

Comment

Re: It's worse than I first thought--minimize button makes application diisappear.

you might try right click on task bar configure panel. at the top is a pull down menu (main panel). if you click on that and see if there is an external task bar. if there is you see where it is (top or bottom, right or left edge). is it on auto hide? That kind of stuff.
      I tried Enlightenment once, it was pretty cool.

Comment

Re: It's worse than I first thought--minimize button makes application diisappea

I appreciate the two suggestions unfortunately neither one helped. I decided to upgrade to Hardy Heron and accept the defaults on everything hoping to overwrite any bad configurations unfortunately it didn't help.

Comment

Working...
        X