This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine: Invalid EXE

I get the following error using ardourvst.

wine: could not load L"Z:\\usr\\local\\lib\\ardour2\\ardour_vst.exe.so" : Bad EXE format for

I have gotten this error many times before, and usually end up just reinstalling my OS, but I really don’t want to do that! Can someone help me out with this one! I’ve checked google, but there is no useful info that I could find…

It seems that if I compile ardour after a fresh install, it works fine, but if I wait a while (like this time), I get this msg...I have trashed the .wine folder, tried re-compiling, uninstalled and reinstalled wine (sudo apt-get remove wine-dev), but none of those options work...any help would be greatly appreciated!

mm0
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Re: Wine: Invalid EXE

rdour_vst.exe.so

that's your problem, ur trying to execute a .so file as it is invalid.

You cold try removing .so @ the end and try again or the file your trying to use is missing or your using the wrong path & file.

Wine can & only execute .exe files only as such the same with windows with .exe files.
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here

Comment

Working...
    X