X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options Missing - Recent Documents Menu & Icon Zooming

Hi,

I've just "come over" from SuSE 10.x, and there appears to be a couple of items missing in Control Center. I cannot find the options to turn-off the icon zooming effect when I launch an app from a panel button, or to turn on the recent documents menu.

The search function brings you to the correct control panel section, but the options are not there.

I've been using KDE since 1.12, so it's not like I don't know where to look...

Besides this, Beautiful Job. Found myself a new "home"!

TIA,

-Jerry
    &quot;Commonsense is on perpetual backorder&quot;<br />Linux User #165194

Re: Options Missing - Recent Documents Menu &amp; Icon Zooming

Right-click on the panel and select Configure Panel > Menus. Under Optional Menus, you can check Recent Documents as well as others to be displayed in the K Menu.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

oops...... thanks, for some reason, my mind insisted that the recent docs option toggle was a separate section like the recent apps.

This is what happens when you deal with 4 or more operating systems every workday... :-X

But... where's the icon zooming option?

Thanks again,

-Jerry

Comment

Right-click on the panel and select Configure Panel > Appearance > General uncheck Enable icon mouseover effects

Comment

Thanks, but...

no, those aren't the droids I'm looking for. That's for the little pop-up dialog boxes when you hover the mouse. I like that enabled.

What I want to turn off is the icon zoom-out effect when you click an application button on a panel.

Thanks and regards,

-Jerry

Comment

I really need a vacation... Appearance & Themes / Icons - Advanced tab - Panel

... but what's interesting is that the effect is not checked off. Toggling it doesn't seem to make any change. I'll have to investigate the ~/.kde/share/config/*rc files...

TTFN,

-Jerry

Comment

Found it!

Control Center / Peripherals / Mouse / General ->
              "Visual Feedback On Activation"

Guess it wasn't checked by default under SuSE, or it wasn't there... Lots of little variations in KDE configuration between the two...

Cheers,

-Jerry

Comment

Ahh! Now I see what you were referring to. I guess I just never noticed the effect, and more specifically, didn't know it could be turned off.

Comment

Working...
                X