This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Manager

I just tried to update some packages and received the following error message upon hitting "Apply".
    <Snip>
    Another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude).
    Would you like to attempt to resolve this problem? No will enter read-only mode and Cancel to quit and resolve this issue yourself.
    <snip>

Any ideas how to manually fix this?

Re: Adept Manager

Close Adept. Open the Konsole, and enter:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoclean
    You're back in business!

Comment

Re: Adept Manager - SOLVED

dibl,

Thanks! I'm almost there....but...
      Now I have this:

The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      abiword-gnome python-paramiko abiword-common gnumeric-common python-dsv
      mpeglib libffi4 python-ctypes python-apsw libarts1-mpeglib gnumeric inkscape
      Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.

Now what?

Comment

Adept is just letting you know that specific packages are no longer required, and you can remove them, thus, regaining space on your system. Just open a console and type:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get autoremove
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

As for your first error message, that can often be caused another program being open which uses the same database that Adept Manager does. For example, if you open Add/Remove Programs, or Adept Updater, and then you try to use Adept Manager you will get that error. The solution in those cases is to close all the other programs that might use the adept database and then you should be fine.

Comment

Re: Adept Manager - SOLVED

Thanks to all! This problem is solved.

Comment

Working...
            X