This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help w/ a flash player

Firefox and ie4linux won't play this websites flash player, can anyone help?

BYU TV

This one would help also or instead, it tells me Mplayer plugin embedded video player for mozilla at the top of the page, but just keeps trying to load LDS.ORG

I'll try launching out of terminal and see what I get.

edit: I tried launching firefox from terminal and it doesn't show me anything happening
    [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Re: Need help w/ a flash player

Didn't work here either. I made my way to "FAQ" and learned this:

General Information and System Requirements
    Move Media Player Introduction

Move Media Player is a revolutionary approach to online video broadcasting and streaming powered by Move Networks, Inc. With Move Media Player, you are no longer plagued by constant rebuffering, slow starts, and poor quality when watching streaming video content- a near-immediate, continuous and shockingly high-quality viewing experience is just a few clicks away.
    Why do I have to download a new player? Why can't you just use a player I already have?

Move Media Player provides a rich and continuous viewing experience unmatched by other streaming video players. It offers enhanced audio and video quality, eliminates the pausing and buffering so common in other players and also enables powerful features like time-shifting and video sharing. The player automatically adjusts the quality of the video stream based upon available bandwidth, and is therefore capable of compensating for internet traffic issues as well as changes in the viewer's internet connectivity and CPU load.
    What are the system requirements for Move Media Player?
    Windows

* Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or greater
    * Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP (Home, Media Center and Professional with Service Packs and all Microsoft Updates), Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate or Enterprise editions)
    * RAM: 256 MB minimum (512 MB recommended)
    * Video Card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended)
    * Browser: Internet Explorer (version 6 and 7) or Mozilla Firefox (version 2.0). Please note that we do not currently support Safari 3. We expect to provide support for this browser in the future.
    * Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended)
    * Internet Connection: Broadband/High Speed (DSL, Cable, T1, etc.). Dial-up connections are not supported.

Mac OS X

* Operating System:Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" or greater
    * RAM: 128 MB minimum (512 MB recommended)
    * Video Card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended)
    * Browser: Safari (version 1.3.2, 2.0, 3.0) or Mozilla Firefox (version 1.5 and 2.0 ). Please note that currently the Move Media Player isn't optimized for Safari 3. We expect to provide support for this browser in the future.
    * Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended)
    * Internet Connection: Broadband/High Speed (DSL, Cable, T1, etc.). Dial-up connections are not supported.

Installing Move Media PlayerBack to Top

You should be prompted to download and install Move Media Player the first time you visit the website. Instructions for installation are provided during the website install process. For your convenience, we have also listed the installation instructions in the section below. Please select the appropriate instructions for your operating system and web browser.
    Windows XP and Windows Vista - Internet Explorer

* After the website has loaded, you should see the blue "Watch Now" button in the center of the video playback area. Click this button to begin the install process.
    * A security warning will appear asking you whether you want to Run, Save or cancel. Choose Run to run the program after downloading it to a temporary folder, or select Save to save the .exe file to a specific location on your computer.
    * If you chose Run, another security warning will appear immediately after the download has completed and present you with two new options. Choose Run.
    * An "Installing..." progress bar will appear in the center of the screen. After the progress bar reaches the end, that window will close.

Windows XP and Windows Vista - Mozilla Firefox

* After the website has loaded, you should see the blue "Watch Now" button in the center of the video playback area. Click this button to begin the install process.
    * If this is your first time installing the software, a yellow bar will appear at the top of your browser window informing you that Firefox has prevented the site from asking you to install software on your computer. When this occurs, click the "Edit Options" button.
    * An "Allowed Sites" dialog box will open.
    * Click the "Allow" button to add the website to the allowed list
    * Click the "Close" button.
    * Click on the "Click here to continue" link in the center of the video playback window.
    * A "Software Installation" dialog will open, showing that you have asked to install Move Media Player (signed by Move Networks, Inc.)
    * Click "Install Now"
    * The plugin will download, and you will be prompted to restart Firefox. Click the "Restart Firefox" button in the lower-right.

Mac OS X - Safari and Mozilla Firefox

* Click "Trust" in the dialog box that appears to run the Java applet.

Your content should being playing momentarily after the install process completes. If the content does not begin playing, please restart your browser and return to the website.
    I'm not sure what the "Move Player" is, but it apparently isn't compatible with any of my generous collection of media players -- I even got RealPlayer working on this system. :P

So, install VMWare Player, then get a Win XP VM to run in it, and then run IE in that, as a work-around, if you have to see it.

Comment

Here's how it looks in a VMWare Player Win XP machine, on my Kubuntu Hardy Heron system:

[img width=400 height=300]http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6084/byumoveplayerrv4.png[/img]

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Dibl.
        [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X