This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Problem

I am suddenly having a problem trying to batch resize photos using both Digikam and Gwenview. I believe both use the Kipi plugins for this operation. I was able to perform this function using Digikam a couple of weeks ago but suddenly it is not working. I suspect the problem might be due to an update, possibly of the kipi plugins. I know I downloaded a few updates recently but I can't remember what they were. Has anyone else experienced this difficulty and is anyone aware of a fix? Maybe someone can tell me how to find recent updates that might be responsible using the log files .... that's an area where I am completely lost :-) Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Graphics Problem

You could maybe try launching digikam from the konsole. Then it will likely give you error messages in the konsole when you try the batch resizing.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Nate, I gave it a try but no luck. The batch resize appears to complete but all I get are solid squares of colour, the same colour as selected for background colour. Incidentally I noticed that someone posted having this problem some time ago (July 2007) but got no replies to his query. The problem appears to be with the Kipi plugins and happens in both Digikam and Gwenview.

Comment

OK problem solved ... sort of. After deleting and re installing Gwenview, Digikam, Imagemagick and Kipi plugins to no avail, I discovered that batch resizing does work if I set options to "non proportional" I don't know why this is, I never had to do this in the past but it solves my problem for now.

Comment

Working...
        X