This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror Kiosk

I am a fairly new but enthusiastic user. I am trying to create an account and a profile on my Gutsy install that confines the account user to Konqueror completely with no access to any other features or a scant few. I installed the Kiosk admin tool and was able to turn off a lot of features. I also set Konqueror to full screen mode and fully expanded then I saved the session so it opens that way. But, I would like to be even more restrictive. My goal is to create a Kiosk using Kubuntu for use by non techie folks like senior citizens who are afraid they will "break" something. By confining them to the browser they might feel safer. I tried a couple of kiosk distros but the look and feel was not what I am looking for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Konqueror Kiosk

KDE Kiosk Mode
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I did read all of that and used the Kiosk Tool to set restrictions. What I really would like to do that does not seem to be covered in that very helpful reference is restrict the user for that account from running anything but Konqueror. In other words, I would like to lock them within the browser so that they cannot access anything other than that.

Comment

You can do that by establishing a 'group' that the kiosk user belongs to. Once that is established, you can control what members of the 'group' have access to within the session.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Excellent. That makes sense to me. I will do that.

Comment

Working...
          X