Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between the kde4base and kdebase-kde4 packages?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between the kde4base and kdebase-kde4 packages?

I cant seem to install kde4base and I'm thinking it might be that I already have kdebase-kde4 installed already.

But this has me mighty confused.

Re: What's the difference between the kde4base and kdebase-kde4 packages?

kde4base:

This KDE 4 package is for development only, it offers no binary compatibility guarantee and will no help users.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: What's the difference between the kde4base and kdebase-kde4 packages?

ok

This leads to my next question

I'm trying to compile crystal window decroation 2.0.1
      http://www.kde-look.org/content/show...?content=75140

The cmake goes fine, but when I run make I get the errors
      crystal-2.0.1/client/crystalclient.h:31:25: error: kdecoration.h: No such file or directory
      crystal-2.0.1/client/crystalclient.h:32:32: error: kdecorationfactory.h: No such file or directory
      I googled for similar problems and found where these libraries were in kdebase-dev
      http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-82588.html

Now, I have kdebase-dev installed on my system, and that doesn't get rid of the problem, but since it's a kde4 thing, I assume I should install kde4base-dev, but when I do, I get the error

There was an error commiting changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages
      Is this because I have kdebase-dev-kde4 installed? Why are there 2 different packages that seem to have the same thing?

WTF? All I want to do is compile a stupid window decoration.

Comment

Working...
      X