Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thunderbird wants to open .jpg,.png!?! (SOLVED)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird wants to open .jpg,.png!?! (SOLVED)

Hello,

another one of those stupid questions: whenever I am surfing the internet with Mozilla and try to open a picture in .jpg or .png format the download dialog box opens, and the default program to open it is set to Thunderbird. There are no other options in the drop down box, and naturally, Thunderbird doesn't open the picture, just itself. I tried fixing it in Mozilla ( Edit-->Preferences-->Content-->Manage ( File types)), but jpg or png don't appear among "Extensions", and I can't add them. Should I try fixing it in Thunderbird? I really don't want to save every picture to disk just to be able to look at it...

Good morning from shiny, sunny Slovenia
    I break it, therefore I learn it.<br />

Re: Thunderbird wants to open .jpg,.png!?!

Maybe you should look at the properties of the MIME-types (.jpg and .png) that cause problems.
    So find such a picture in Konqueror, right click on it and select properties.
    Now click the little icon with the crossed tools and select the embedded tab.
    Set it as you would like files of this type to behave.

Or start Konqueror, select Settings/Konqueror Settings.
    Now select File Associations and then in Image the extension causing trouble.
    Here you can again select the embedded tab and set things as required.

Comment

That's what I had to do. I actually had it set correctly before but after a recent update, Thunderbird was placed on the top of the list. Seems OK now.

Comment

Thank you very much, it worked!
        I break it, therefore I learn it.<br />

Comment

Working...
        X