This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons missing and/or of the wrong size

What causes icons in KDE in various apps to either not show or show at the wrong size? I'm actually using Linux Mint right now, but I remember having this same problem in Kubuntu in the past. I think with Kubuntu I fixed it by deleting my .kde directory. Attached are two screenshots that show what I'm talking about.
    Attached Files

Re: Icons missing and/or of the wrong size

The last time I saw anyone have this strange problem was related to the Icon Theme they were using. Try going to:

KMenu --> System Settings

Click on Appearance and then click on Icons.

Choose a different Icon Theme and see what that does.

Comment

Changing my icon theme didn't fix anything.

I'm not sure if this helps, but at about the same time, I began to notice that bouncing icons that show when apps load have instead become bouncing icon-sized squares.

Comment

That definitely sounds off. Let me look around and see if I can find anything similar.

Comment

Let me know if you give up. I might just reinstall Linux, since this installation is only a couple days old. I only posted about it because I've seen this sort of thing before (minus the trouble with bouncing icons, tho), and I was hoping to find out what it actually was.

Comment

I haven't found anything. It sounds as though a package is mis-configured, but I wouldn't know which. I remember reading something about the a K enhancement that introduced the bouncy icons and that KDE adopted it. I can't remember its name though. I do know if you go to System Settings --> Appearance and go to Icons and then choose the Advanced TAB is where you can set that on or off is located. It's called Animate Icons.

Comment

Well, that didn't fix anything, so I'm going to reinstall linux fresh. I think I want to switch back to Kubuntu from Linux Mint anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X