X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing non-standard sizes

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to set up kde to print on custom paper sizes. I want to print an invitation on 26x13.5cm cards, so I designed it in inkscape and saved it as a pdf in the correct size. But I'm clueless as to how I can get kdeprint to print this. I set Properties->General->Paper Source to Tray 1 (Manual), which is the manual feed, but Paper Size is restricted to a number of standard sizes, no possibility to use a custom size or simply ignore and use whatever gets picked up by the feed. When I leave it at A4, the printing manager shows processing, and then nothing. Any ideas on how to do this?
    I.

Re: Printing non-standard sizes

Are you using a printer that is supported by Linux? Not all are. See if you can find your printer at
    http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting If so, then you may be able to find a specific driver that will help you.

Mike
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

Re: Printing non-standard sizes

Hmm, I thought I had added that to my post. I'm using an HP 2605dn, which according to OpenPrinting, should work perfectly.
      I.

Comment

Working...
      X