Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking down mysterious errors. Compiz-Fusion.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking down mysterious errors. Compiz-Fusion.

I am having problems getting Compiz to work correctly. It seems that anytime I try to launch it from a Run dialog box, it seg faults, locking up my entire system.

However, when I run it from a konsole, it works, about 80% of the time.

Closing it, and opening it again causes it to lockup either when looking for "non-power of two support", or "FBconfig".

I am not sure why it is doing this. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Compiz, emerald, and the restricted Nvidia drivers, in attempting to resolve this issue.
    The answers are out there...

Re: Tracking down mysterious errors. Compiz-Fusion.

Originally posted by Monster_user
    I am having problems getting Compiz to work correctly. It seems that anytime I try to launch it from a Run dialog box, it seg faults, locking up my entire system.

However, when I run it from a konsole, it works, about 80% of the time.

Closing it, and opening it again causes it to lockup either when looking for "non-power of two support", or "FBconfig".

I am not sure why it is doing this. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Compiz, emerald, and the restricted Nvidia drivers, in attempting to resolve this issue.
    what's the error message?

Comment

Re: Tracking down mysterious errors. Compiz-Fusion.

Ooops.

"Segmentation fault."

:~$ compiz --replace
      Checking for Xgl: not present.
      Detected PCI ID for VGA: 02:00.0 0300: 10de:0041 (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
      Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
      Checking for non power of two support: not present

segmentation fault
      That is not an exact copy, since it isn't crashing today, but you get the idea.
      The answers are out there...

Comment

Working...
      X