This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem saving archives with Ark

Consider the following scenario. I've to windows open, the one is the folder that contains some files i want to compress. The other is Ark. I drag and drop the files in Ark and it prompts me to create an archive.

1. If i choose to save the archive in the /home/... path and the archive is anything else APART FROM rar file it does it ok.
    2. If i choose to save the archive in the /home/... path and the archive is a rar file i get the message "The utiliti is not in your path. Please install it or contact your systems administrator".
    3. If i choose to save the archive in the /media/my other hard drives path i get the message "you do not have write permissions to /media/my other drives...".

I use KDE4. Any suggestions?

Re: Problem saving archives with Ark

"rar" is in your repos, you can install it using your package manager. As for the permissions problem, do a search for "can't write to hard drive", see if that helps.
    Registered Linux User #380263 - Registered Linux Computer #279395<br />Linux, working hard to save you $$$ - Get a clue, get Linux!<br />Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz, Intel Desktop Board D945GTP, Intel On Board Audio, Video and Ethernet Controller

Comment

Working...
    X