This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttering mouse

OK I did a fresh install of kubuntu 7.10 and am currently ironing out all the creases.

My system is

Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5600+ 2.8Ghz with 2 gig of RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 8 series 512
    Wired keyboard
    LX5 Logitech cordless optical mouse

Currently the mouse stutters, not too bad but bad enough to irritate, I do graphic work and trying to select one pixel is near impossible, you can move the mouse easily around the screen but when trying to be accurate it takes many shots at getting exactly where I want it, any ideas?

Re: Stuttering mouse

Originally posted by doosjuice
    OK I did a fresh install of kubuntu 7.10 and am currently ironing out all the creases.

My system is

Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 5600+ 2.8Ghz with 2 gig of RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 8 series 512
    Wired keyboard
    LX5 Logitech cordless optical mouse

Currently the mouse stutters, not too bad but bad enough to irritate, I do graphic work and trying to select one pixel is near impossible, you can move the mouse easily around the screen but when trying to be accurate it takes many shots at getting exactly where I want it, any ideas?
    tried to adjust mouse sensitivity/acceleration in system-settings?

Comment

Re: Stuttering mouse

Apologies if this seems like a trite response.

The stuttering may be due to the surface of your desk. I worked on a desk that had a printed grain pattern covered by a shiny lacquer, and the mouse often stuttered; sometimes it could move itself slowly across the screen. It appeared that the mouse was focussing on the surface flakily. Try sticking a plain sheet of matt white paper on the desk to isolate this as a cause. HTH
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X