X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit framerate in a mov

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to edit the framerate value of a quicktime mov file without the need to transcode it.
    Ideally I would simply want to change the way the player interprets it so that if a quicktime has 24fps it would be read as 25fps making it slighly faster.

Is there a convenient program for this? (I guess it would simply need to edit the metadata of the file)

THanks
    Luca

Re: How to edit framerate in a mov

Maybe:

FFmpeg Change Video Speed - Force framerate?
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=688679
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

i believe you may be able to do this with avidemux.
      <br />

Comment

I didn't know avidemux, it seems really nice however it doesn't support h264.
        I tried changing the framerates using ffmpeg and I believe the quicktime is now set to 25fps.
        However I still get exactly the same playback issues (one frame pause every second).
        So I'm not sure it worked well...

In theory the interpretation of the quicktime should be changed without transcoding by making it running faster (25 instead of 24). This would laso make it shorter. Well both quicktimes (before and after changin the framerates) are the same length in kdenlive.

Anyway no worries I've ended up running back to windows and using sony vegas (as I needed to get something done real quick

Thanks
        L

Comment

yes it does support x264/h264. if it "doesn't", you're doing something wrong or there is something wrong with the program/installation.
          <br />

Comment

Working...
          X