This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Launcher Ghost Icon...

I have a ghost icon in my Quick Launcher menu. I have 10 application icons that I use, but while configuring the Launcher, I deleted one (VMware Server) and then added it back later, once I decided that I would use it enough to warrant prime location in my system tray. Now I have two VMware Server icons (mouse over says so), but one icon shows the typical blue gear, which does not launch and the other shows the VMware icon and launches properly.

Where is the config. file for Quick Launcher or where are the equivalent '.desktop' files located so that I can delete the second and non-functioning icon?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Quick Launcher Ghost Icon...

You should only need to put your mouse pointer on the 'non-functioning icon' and right-click and select 'remove' to get rid of it.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi SnowHog,

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried that. That is when the icon changed from the VMware icon to the blue gear icon.

It's acting as if there needs to be ten icons at all times; sometimes when the blue gear is showing and I add another application, the blue gear goes away; other times the blue gear stays and one of my other applications goes away.

Any idea where I can directly edit the rc or config file for the Quick Launcher app.?

Comment

Place your mouse cursor in the Quick Launcher area so that you see the three vertical dots and the balloon "Quick Launcher applet handle" and right-click your mouse and select Quick Launcher Menu | Remove Application

Do you see the blue icon gears in the list along with the 'normal' application icons?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have ten 'normal' icons in the Quick Launcher (no blue gear) and I just removed the System Settings icon - now the blue icon is back and it reads VMware Server Console.

I also now have two Kcontrol icons whereas I added only one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just tried resetting the Quick Launcher to 'Default' with in the Configure option and it seems to have eliminated the ghost icon, but then as soon as I add an odd number of icons, the ghost comes back.

Comment

Working...
          X