This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Update - Upgrade Process Removing Multimedia

The latest set of updates through the adept notifier are wanting to remove most multimedia in upgrade process. Has there been an announcement for this I haven' noticed. Why is it removing it ?

Here is what it wants to do.
    Code:
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
     acidrip coriander devede dvd-slideshow dvdrip emacs emacs-goodies-el
     emacs22-gtk ffmpeg gdk-imlib11 gnome-bin gnome-libs-data k9copy kipi-plugins
     libgnome32 libgnomesupport0 libgnomeui32 libgnorba27 libimlib2 libimlib2-dev
     libungif4-dev libungif4g mencoder mplayer mplayer-fonts tovid winff
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
     libgif4
    The following packages will be upgraded:
     dolphin-kde4 kappfinder-kde4 kde-icons-oxygen kde4libs-bin kdebase-bin-kde4
     kdebase-data-kde4 kdebase-kde4 kdebase-runtime kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4
     kdebase-runtime-data kdebase-workspace kdebase-workspace-bin
     kdebase-workspace-data kdelibs5 kdelibs5-data kdepasswd-kde4 kdepimlibs-data
     kdepimlibs5 kfind-kde4 klipper-kde4 konqueror-kde4 konqueror-nsplugins-kde4
     konsole-kde4 ksysguard-kde4 ksysguardd-kde4 kwin-kde4 kwrite-kde4 libkonq5
     libkonq5-templates libphonon4 libplasma1 systemsettings-kde4 wine
    33 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 27 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 113MB/113MB of archives.
    After unpacking 64.8MB disk space will be freed.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
    "The problem with reality is that it leaves a lot to the Imagination" - John Lenon.

Re: Kubuntu Update - Upgrade Process Removing Multimedia

Mmm, mine's wanting to delete the ubuntu studio audio package- I think i'll wait!

Comment

I have the same problem as the OP, with update wanting to remove mplayer, smplayer, devede, k9copy, etc. Saw a thread on Ubuntu about the same issue, and there people are having problems re-installing the multimedia stuff once they're removed. Perhaps some problems relating to mencoder, but no one seems sure yet.

I'm not letting the updater remove anything until I have more information.

One advantage of Linux Mint over Kubuntu and Ubuntu is that Mint tries to provide information about updates, assigning risk factors and more. The system of just handing out updates without explanation is faulty.

EDIT: Just checked my updater again and all "removes" have disappeared. Now just updating the kde4 programs. Apparently, somebody figured out the problem and stopped it.

Comment

Yeah mine is now progressing without removing multimedia as well. Awesome stuff.
        "The problem with reality is that it leaves a lot to the Imagination" - John Lenon.

Comment

Working...
        X