X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Cut Effected Boinc Manager

Hi, all

I have posted this same question on the Ubuntu forums two weeks ago but have not got a reply. I think you guys are knowledgeable and I'm hoping a Kubuntu fix would also be a Ubuntu fix.

Two weeks ago last Friday all five machine were shut down during a power cut. Only one has a minor problem, it boots fine into KDE, Boinc Manager starts fine too, but the problem is if I go into advanced view and open a browser it used to open Konqueror but since the power cut it defaults to a terminal window, I cannot access World Community Grid like I used to do.

Please help, it bugging me, I have to use another machine to go to Browse World Community Grid.

Antkin
    Network of two Dell Optiplex dual boot Pentium 4s, Linux user since 1999 Very Happy with Kubuntu and Mandriva. Three other native&nbsp; computers. Computers in my blood since 1975.<br /><br />A Perkin Web Design and computer hardware engineer

Re: Power Cut Effected Boinc Manager

You think you got problems. I can't get back into my computer past the log in screen. When I finally did I thought great, just finish reloading all this and I am all set. Now I have no admin priviledges. Worse that that, I tried to download Boinc thru adept and nothing shows up! Whats up with that? No Java also! I only have 1 computer running Boinc right now and it is not my fastest one either! Hope to figure it out soonest!

Comment

Working...
    X