This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D3lphin split view resizes info bar

Whenever I toggle on split view in Dolphin, the information bar on the right suddenly jumps up to take about 1/3 of the screen. Why is this and is there a way to make it stop?

Re: D3lphin split view resizes info bar

Yeah I hate this. It seems to be isolated to the KDE3 version of Dolphin. I'm in KDE4 right now and am not experiencing this annoyance. I have not tried a non Kubuntu KDE3 version of Dolphin so I'm not sure who is to blame for this issue, KDE group? or old Kubuntu packages?

Comment

I have the same problem with D3lphin, which also seems to disappear in KDE4.
      Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket Slug

Whenever I toggle on split view in Dolphin, the information bar on the right
        I'm not following, but it may be because of KDE 4. What "information bar on the right" -- I don't seem to have such a thing.

Comment

Single View

Split View (immediately after toggling)

Split View (The way I want it)

Comment

Simply press 'F9' to toggle the right info bar closed. 'F8' will toggle the left info bar.

Mike
            http://monte48lowes.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by monte48lowes
              Simply press 'F9' to toggle the right info bar closed. 'F8' will toggle the left info bar.

Mike
              But I don't want it to go away. I just want it to stop taking up so much screen real estate when I turn on Split View.

Comment

mehhh -- I wonder who pushed my F9?

No wonder I couldn't see it.

@Rocket, I wonder what would happen if you have it adjusted perfectly, and then shutdown and restart your system. Some things get "remembered on restart" -- I don't personally know whether the D3lphin screen is one of them or not, but it would be easy enough to try it.

Comment

Yeah Dible, you have the right idea but you have to set d3lphin to start in split view in the configuration after you have set it up the way you want.
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

This is one of the main reasons why i closed my affair with dolphin and went back to konqueror. Right now it does everything better.

For those people missing the dolphin sidebar: baghira sidebar works like a charm in Konqueror.
                    Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--> # 15709

Comment

So right now there's no fix for it? Did someone file a bug? This was a problem in Gutsy too, I really like the split view but it's annoying to have to resize the info bar (which I want left on) each time.

edit: Found a bug report about it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...in/+bug/137809

Looks like they know Dolphin has some issues but don't have anyone actively working on fixing them.
                      https://www.linuxcounter.net/user/267216

Comment

Working...
                      X