X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Desktop Connection over Internet

Hi
    I´ve been trying to connect to my kubuntu 7.1 box from a windows box over the internet. So far, I´ve managed to do it over a LAN by using tightVNC on the windows box and by allowing remote desktop connections on KDE (I have enabled to accept connections without confirmation from the linux box by the use of a password). I also installed freenx but I dont know what the use of that is (please advice). I was following a tutorial and I´ve managed to get a hold of my internet ip on my Kubuntu box by using dyndns (Great service by the way!). I try to connect to the internet ip address on my Kubuntu box but I can´t get it to connect. I also tried the ip followed by :0, :1, :5900 and :5901. I have a SBG900 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway at home for the Kubuntu box. I can feel I´m almost there but I need that little extra push. Many many thanks!

Re: Remote Desktop Connection over Internet

I don't know if it's the case for you, but if you're trying to connect from work, oftentimes companies block certain ports for security reasons, and therefore you wouldn't be able to connect to your home computer using the standard vnc port(s).

Comment

Working...
    X