X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration with windows

Hi
    I have a laptop with windows xp home (from manufacturer - partition 1) and a partition running gutsy (partition 2). I´d like to install vmware or virtualbox (or anything better if it exists) to integrate windows on my kubuntu desktop. I tried installing vmware and everything seems ok up to the point where I must install the new operating system (XP). I have the manufacturer´s cd (toshiba 2455 s205) but I can´t install XP with it (I think it´s because it´s looking specifically for my machine and the emulator doesn´t present itself as it). How can I install with these cds, get the files I need so I can make a new bootable cd, run it from the native XP partition, or get a windows image (legally considering that I own an original copy) and install it? I would like best to run it from partition 1 that already has XP installed but any option would be very helpful.
    Many thanks

Re: Integration with windows

Hi,

Personnally I would install from an image cd with my own key but if you're a "player" you can probably ask toshiba to give you an original cd (even if I'm not sure they'll give you)

Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X