X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amarok misses out most of my collection when building

Hey,

Basically I have a large (200GB) music collection on external USB hard-drive. Amarok 1.4.7 used to work fine building collection. Then I reinstalled Kubuntu (for various annoying reasons) and tried building.

It gets to about 11% in about 5 minutes, and then suddenly the progress bar speeds up massively and goes up to 100% in 5-10 seconds. It thinks it's done the trick, and never shows an error message or anything, but my music only appears up to about C (its organised alphabetically on the HD).

I've tried going to /home/will/.kde/share/apps/amarok/collection_scan.log and then removing the track shown from the HD, but when I rescan it just stops at the next one. Tried removing the whole album, and it just stops at the next album.

I've trawled the forums, but can't find a solution that works. Plus I can't find anyone with this particular problem (most build problems seem to be that it freezes, or is missing random files)...

Any ideas very gratefully received - I like my music beyond artists beginning with C!

Thanks

Will

Re: amarok misses out most of my collection when building

I don't really have an answer, but if you're desperate you might want to try switching from the sqlite database to using a mysql database. I don't know why it would make much of a difference, but you might give it a whirl. It's pretty easy to setup. You can find directions if you search for it.

Comment

Re: amarok misses out most of my collection when building

Thanks Nate,

tried that already unfortunately, no luck. I wonder if its a problem with the hard drive, but I don't know how to check, because the music's definitely all there, and plays if I select tracks individually...

Comment

Working...
      X