This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok and transferring album art to media device

I've recently purchased an Insignia mp3 player and I'm able to connect this to Amarok using the Generic device setting, but for some reason none of the album arts for my music are transferred to the device. My understanding is that Amarok should be able to do this. Is anyone here sucessfully doing this?
    I did see that I downloaded a podcast to my device and the album art for the podcast shows up in my device, just not for the songs that I transfer to it.

I've tried transferring mp3, ogg and wma without any luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: Amarok and transferring album art to media device

I don't have an Insignia mp3 player but I do have a Creative Zen V and Amarok seems to send album art to that OK. That's using MTP btw.

Comment

Its no so much a fix as a manual hack, but amarok stores all the album art at /home/username/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/
      so if you wanted you could manually copy them.

Hopefully however someone can tell you how to do it automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana
        Its no so much a fix as a manual hack, but amarok stores all the album art at /home/username/.kde/share/apps/amarok/albumcovers/
        so if you wanted you could manually copy them.

Hopefully however someone can tell you how to do it automatically.
        I tried copying some of the pictures to my device manually but they still don't show up. Maybe the album cover needs to be embedded in the tag information.

Comment

Working...
        X