• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [SOLVED]installing KDE4

yes, it will
    even if you used
    'sudo apt-get upgrade'
    it would spit out a list, and wait for a yes or no in whether to proceed, so you'd still be safe

Comment

Adept Notifier is reporting 30 Upgradable and 3 Install packages. The three Install packages are cryptsetup, dmsetup and python-qt4-common. I understand that Adept doesn't on it's own accord, select packages for installation unless they are being referenced by an upgrade package, correct? Of the 30 Upgrade packages, I've checked the Candidate Version and with only a few exceptions, all end in ~ppa1 which of course, identifies the added repository for KDE 4, so these then are upgrades to the packages first installed by kde4-core.

Thank you for the reassurance.

Added: Okay, I allowed Adept Notifier to install the packages. All went without mishap. I'm happy. I'll restart and loggin to KDE4 and see how it looks now.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

When I go to the parent file at
        http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.1.php
        The latest ISO files I see are dated Oct. 16, 2007

Comment

The instructions provided by Claydoh are for installing just the KDE 4 'core' packages onto an existing KDE 3 setup, not for the fullblown KDE 4 which you apparently are actually referring to. The .iso file would be for the full KDE 4.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

True, since I am relatively new and haven't got any data to lose on my Kubuntu system, I wanted to try KDE4 as the main desktop and thought that a clean install would be best. I guess not.....

Comment

Working...
            X