This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use voice chat in kubuntu??

We know that theres no voice chat available in pidgin , kopete.
    So we have to use services such as ekiga.
    Which are the best voip applications in kubuntu

Re: How to use voice chat in kubuntu??

For a list of internet phones see http://linuxappfinder.com/communications/internetphones

I have tried Gizmo, Ekiga, Jabbin, Skype, Wengo, Kphone, X-lite and Twinkle. I couldn't get SJphone to work.

I found Twinkle the strongest and best (- but not very pretty!)

At your suggestion I have used Gtalk2voip. The disadvantage I found is that I can call out but people can't call in. I can speak to a contact on GMail better than someone on Yahoo/MSN
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thnks, So i hav to try out twinkle : )

Comment

I can see some people are putting a [SOLVED] or *Solved* tag in their subject when the problem is solved. Why is this tag so rare?

How to tag:
        The author of the thread, must modify the first message by manually editing the subject title.

Of course.. I don't know if the author of this thread is satisfied with the answer ;-)

I think the [SOLVED] tag in the subject title would make the forum system more efficient for helping people who need help.

To all thread authors, consider using this tag. You can always start a new thread being more specific about an unanswered question, which rarely is the same as the original subject title.
        Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
        CV and gallery at grn.dk
        Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Working...
        X