This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtualbox USB stopped working after today's KDE patches

Yesterday, I had no issues with My Microsoft USB wireless mouse and my VirtualBox WinXP Virtual Machine, Today I let adept update a whole slew of KDE packages and all of a sudden I'm having USB issues.

What's happening is as soon as I start the virtual machine up, my mouse stops working. (I have a laptop with a synaptics touchpad and the touchpad continues working just fine, but for some reason the mouse stops.) As soon as I exit the VM, the mouse starts working again.

Anybody aware of a new compatibility bug and/or a way around it?

Re: Virtualbox USB stopped working after today's KDE patches

you might check over on virtualbox's forums, they may have more info in this. I had noticed a number of USB issues in recent distros last time i was looking there.

KDE's packages by themselves should really have no effect on virtulbox/mouse performance as they both are independent of the desktop environment, but another package that may have been updated and not specific to KDE is more likely the culprit here.

Comment

Or maybe a new version of virtualbox was one of the things upgraded by adept?

Comment

Nope, not for gutsy at least. There is the newest version in Hardy, though

Comment

Working...
        X