This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icon cluttering on desktop...

I've been loging in back and forth between kde 3.8? and the recent updated kde4 for a while now and each time my old i.e kde 3.8? icons gets duplicated over and over again.
    Now, has enyone else suffered from this behaviour and is the an easy solusionto it? The is no longer an option of "ctrl" + right or left click and drag your mouse to mark them all to have them deleted And if so, they would keep on building up for each time I'd log in..
    Attached Files

Re: Icon cluttering on desktop...

Yeah, you have to either remove them with a file manager or via CLI (Command Line Interface) :P
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Well, thanks, but it really doesn't solve the problem. It'll start to generate every time I log in. Where is the script that update the iconview on the desktop, I guess there might be the start to the problem.

Comment

I have the same problem; you can't delete the icons from the desktop, or they'll just come right back when you reboot; you have to either open a file browser and navigate to your /home/[username]/Desktop file and delete them from there, or delete them via CLI:
        Code:
        rm /home/[username]/Desktop/[icon name]
        If you delete them from your desktop, and open a filebrowser to that location, you'll see they're still there, ready to pop right back up when you reboot (try it).
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
        X