X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop menu bar

Hello,

I'm looking for ways to make my desktop a little less boring. Compiz and the like is not the thing for me, I am always looking to *disable* all kinds of animation in stead of the other way around and mostly I like my desktop quit.

But in the compiz screenshots I sometimes see an app that has some kind of bar at the top of the screen on the desktop, with some icons, I suspect this is some kind of customizable launcher app. Does anyone know what I'm talking about. Or can direct me to something the like which might me interesting?

Thanks, Jean.
    Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Re: Desktop menu bar

But in the compiz screenshots I sometimes see an app that has some kind of bar at the top of the screen on the desktop, with some icons, I suspect this is some kind of customizable launcher app.
    That is probably a sceenshot of compiz running in Gnome.

Ind KDE you ca add and configure panels by doing this:
    right click on the main panel and choose add panel (or something to that extent, mine is in German). There are a few to choose from depending on what you want to do. You can place them anywhere you want and configure them to a large extent.

I hope that gets you started
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

That's what I get from being spartan, I should look into something else besides the qt libraries sometime.

Thank you.
      Greetings from Groningen Netherlands

Comment

Any time
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X