Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.04 to 7.10 problems (more self inflicted trouble)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.04 to 7.10 problems (more self inflicted trouble)

Originally posted by Snowhog

You should read Upgrading from 7.04 (Feisty)
    I'd print it out, and maybe also the screen shots. This guide works! You just have to follow the instructions to the letter.
    This is an extension of this http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3091001.0.

Having gotten my courage boosted from all that we did and reading the reference above I decided to try the upgrade again. All appeared to go well until the installer got about a third of the way in and it stalled. After waiting a considerable amount of time and with fear in my heart I killed it. I then had to go through all of the steps you guys guided me through I was able to get back to my desktop again. My boot menu, the one that gives the dual boot options... LILO I think, now has the following Linux boot options:

2.6.20-14
    2.6.20-15
    2.6.20-16

The 14 and 15 options fail putting me at a command line prompt. The 16 option will give me a KDE desktop with all of my customizations from before in place. However, I can get no network connection. Firefox, Adept and anything that needs a connection fails.

I hesitated to post this after all the help you guys gave me because I feel I have done something dumb again. I am a bit of a novice at this. But, then I thought, how will I ever learn if I don't post what I did. So, here I am again asking for more help after failing to get the upgrade to work again.
Working...
X