This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireFox 3 in Gutsy

When testing HH I stumbled on FireFox 3. Liked it a lot, but was not the most recent. Has anybody tried FireFox 3 on Gutsy?

Re: FireFox 3 in Gutsy

Yes - ?

Topic: FireFox 3.0
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3089734.0
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Sorry. That must have been where I "stumbled" on it. Thought that was in HH. Sorry

Edit: So it looks as though the Repos still have that Random Trunk, not any of the latest Betas. Have you tried installing from FireFox's downloads?

Comment

I've installed Beta 3 (latest version) from the Firefox site. Works fine (I install in /opt and can run either Firefox Beta 3 or the 2.0.0.11 from /usr/lib), but I ultimately decided to stick with 2.0 for now. Beta works, but I can't get all my extensions to work in it and I am fairly dependent on some of those.

I do think that Beta 3 is much better in handling Javascript and it seems to be a bit better in handling some embedded video (though that still needs lots of work).

Comment

Originally posted by randcoop
          seems to be a bit better in handling some embedded video (though that still needs lots of work).
          Thanks!

Comment

I like having page titles as well as URL's in the address bar autocompletion. And the asking to remember passwords is less intrusive. Other than that, there's not THAT much new in fx3.
            I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Working...
            X