This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail imap support broken?

I have two imap accounts and one pop. Every time I switch from one account to either one of the two imap accounts, kmail downloads all the message data for all my messages, which takes several minutes. The whole point of imap is to leave the message on the server and download only the headers.

Other email clients, e.g., evolution, do not do this. I cannot find any setting in kmail that I could change that would stop this rather bizarre behavior.

I have been using gnome mostly because evolution seems to work better. Although I haven't been able to spend much time with kde, I think that I would prefer it as a desktop. And it looks like kmail would suit me better if I could get it to work properly. I realize that I can still use evolution with the kde desktop, but I really would like to give kmail a good trial (if it would work correctly).

Re: kmail imap support broken?

Have you tried Thunderbird? Along with the Lightning calendar extension it works just like kmail. Personally, I prefer Thunderbird, but I only have 1 IMAP account and 2 POP accounts, so I'm not sure how it will act for you.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
    X