X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xorg.conf and optical output

First post here, Hi all!

Well to begin w/ I've given up on getting the optical output of my sound card to work, there's a thread on it here The frustrating thing is I had it working in dapper but due to firefox bugs I am now in gutsy and haven't been able to duplicate what I did before.

I am also having trouble getting my video card Radeon9600xt(ancient I know) to output to my plasma. I've gone into the xorg.conf and added the resolution of 1360x720 at the front of the modeline. I also tried a program called xorg-edit w/ no luck. Thread about xorg-edit

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
    [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Re: xorg.conf and optical output

I'm going from memory here but I think there is more place where you must input your needed resolution in the xorg.conf file. Seems like there is a "resolution" then a "monitor" or maybe a "graphics card" and then a "monitor" section...don't know. Can't remember. Anyway, double check...your problem may be that you did not specify the resolution in both areas.

M
    sudo make me rich<br /><br />Kubuntu Gutsy 7.10<br />KDE 3.5<br />Compaq Presario 5000<br />Intel Celeron 1.2 Ghz<br />512 Ram, Riva TNT2 Video Card<br />All the above hardware is 7 year old junk but<br />Linux runs great on it.&nbsp; :&gt<br />Ham Radio Rules

Comment

I am also having trouble getting my video card Radeon9600xt(ancient I know) to output to my plasma.
      What kind of driver are you using ? (Open source or AMD/Ati Catalyst (fglrx))

Is plasma - TV screen or display ?
      Do you have dual display system ?
      Plasma is connected via S-video, DVI or what ?
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I have an Envision/AOC LCD TV which has a VGA input port. I got it working with the attached xorg.conf. Since it's not currently hooked up, I have commented out certain lines.
        (References to "Staples" are about the monitor, references to "Envision" are about the TV.)
        Attached Files
        For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131
          I am also having trouble getting my video card Radeon9600xt(ancient I know) to output to my plasma.
          What kind of driver are you using ? (Open source or AMD/Ati Catalyst (fglrx))
          I'm not sure, I don't think I've changed the driver from what was in the install
          Is plasma - TV screen or display ?
          vizio 50p (tv)
          Do you have dual display system ?
          Yes, but I'm not even trying that yet :lol:
          Plasma is connected via S-video, DVI or what ?
          I'm using the s-video, but it also has rgb or vga I could use.

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          I have an Envision/AOC LCD TV which has a VGA input port. I got it working with the attached xorg.conf. Since it's not currently hooked up, I have commented out certain lines.
          (References to "Staples" are about the monitor, references to "Envision" are about the TV.)
          Thanks, I'll look through this too.
          [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X