X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz Fusion Cube Screenshots

Hi guys,
    I got Compiz Fusion working on [Kubuntu 7.10] an old machine with an Nvidia Geforce 7600GT [thanks to Envy, which is a terrific app, and this forum] but i have an issue i cannot resolve - how do i get a screenshot of the cube? I get the cube working fine on <Ctrl+Alt+arrow/mouse drag> but i can't get a screenshot when i press the 'Print Screen' button?

Is there a special combination of keys to get a screenshot of the cube? Please help.

Re: Compiz Fusion Cube Screenshots

Use the Ksnapshot utility. It is in KMenu>Graphics. Set the timer to a 5 second delay if needed, leave it on "full screen" mode, click "New Snapshot" and then turn your cube or whatever you want to do to position it, and then "Save As" and name your screenshot.

Note that the screenshots for this Forum's Gallery have a size limit -- you'll probably need to use Gimp to "scale image" down, and save it as a .png format, before uploading it to the Gallery.

Comment

Thanks dibl,
      I managed to get some screenshots.

I'll post a screenshot to the gallery as soon as i get a nice wallpaper and some cool widgets

Thanks for your help once again.

Kubuntu is awesome!!!

Comment

That's the one thing you could do a lot easier in Beryl. In Beryl you could rotate the cube using Ctrl-Alt Middle Mouse Button and the cube would remain on the screen until you clicked on one of the faces. I can't find a way to do that in Compiz.

Comment

Working...
        X