X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Hi,
    Am embarrassed to ask this question.
    I had some xserver problems and had run dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg. However, after I did this, I could no longer adjust my screen resolution. The only option is 1600x1200.
    So I ran dkpg-reconfigure xserver-xorg. When I came to the screen that says
    "Please keep only the resolutions you would like the X sever to use. Removing all of them is the same as removing none, since in both cases the X server will attempt to use the highest possible resolution. Video modes used by the X server.
    It then give the list of choices. Examples are below.[*] 1600x1200
    [ ] 1440x900
    [ ] 1280x1024 etc.
    For the life of me I can't figure out how to put the * in several of the choices. Can you tell me how to do that? No matter what key combination I seem to use, it either does nothing or it moves me to the next screen.
    Hope you can help.

Re: Question regarding dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Tab down into the list. Arrow up/down to the one you want and press the space bar.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Question regarding dpgk-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Thank you very much for responding. That was helpful.
      However my troubles persist. Perhaps you could look at next post about this located at the following URL:
      http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090634.0

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Tab down into the list. Arrow up/down to the one you want and press the space bar.

Comment

Working...
      X