This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinfocenter is empty

I went to open kinfocenter and it is empty? I went to reinstall it, but the package kinfocenter does not seem to exits.

Help?

Re: kinfocenter is empty

Right-click on KInfoCenter - Info Center and select Edit Item. You should have kinfocenter -caption "%c" %i %m in Command.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: kinfocenter is empty

Yes, the menu item has those items in the "command" field. It opens with no error, there's just nothing in the tree.

I "lost" kinfocenter in gutsy. It opens but there is nothing there. I went to reinstall it but the the only item that shows up in adept is kinfocenter-kde4.

I did a more broad search of descriptions and got it as part of kcontrol so I reinstalled it but it looks the same. It is also empty like kinfocenter now. It used to work. Systemsettings did not: it crashes. Systemsettings can be launched as root.

I purged kcontrol and it took with it kdebase and several other packages. I ran gtkorphan to get rid of residual configuration files, but when I reinstalled all of these things, I still have the same issue.

So now I have no access to personal configuration.

Help?

Comment

Working...
      X