• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Player: Awesome KDE4 Media Player

This a really great media player for KDE4:

http://dragonplayer.org/

Re: Dragon Player: Awesome KDE4 Media Player

Why is it better than VLC http://www.videolan.org/ ?

Comment

I'm always curious about new media players. Currently, my main one is Kaffeine.
      I'd be interested in hearing from anyone what makes one player better than the others.

Comment

Dragon is based on codeine. So if you use codeine you should see some improvement with it written for kde4. Once KDE4 is more stable, I'll give it a try. It was very well represented on the link provided above.

Comment

Like most people here, I'm curious about KDE4. However, I'm confused about whether or not to try it. I'll keep following thew news, and when KDE4 is really ready, I'll install it, along with the applications that go with KDE4!
          Thanks,
          Matt

Comment

I have KDE4 installed along with 3.5.8. It is great, but I have lost the ability to change Screen Savers in 3.5.8. None are listed for KDE4 as well. Haven't figured that one yet. Sound got messed up in 3.5.8, but was able to get it going again. Those are the only two down sides to installing KDE4 that I've run into. Still worth it to play with KDE4 and get used to it as I do plan on using it once its stabilized.

Comment

SMPlayer is the best media player hands down imo. (I mainly use it for video). It has been ported to Qt4 for quite a while actually...
              <br />

Comment

Working...
              X