This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(solved) Can't load into KDE4

Since updating yesterday with about 70 updates (mostly KDE4 updates) when I try to load KDE4, it comes up with the KDE4 loading thingy and then goes black, flashes the NVidia logo and returns to the login screen.

Any ideas?

JJx
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Can't load into KDE4

I don't have an answer, but there were more upgrades available this morning and since upgrading my system has been acting a bit funky as well. It has rebooted by itself a couple times while I've been browsing.

Hopefully it works itself out, as with your problem.

Comment

There are a couple of possible causes for that problem -- if you search "login loop" you will find 3 or 4 threads on it.

Check your filesystem with
      Code:
      df -hH
      to make sure there are no full partitions. Maybe rename your .kde hidden folder to .kde_old and then log out and back in. Reinstall the Nvidia driver. One of those things usually fixes it.

Comment

Reinstalling the driver sorted it, thanks

x
        Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Comment

Working...
        X