X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does kmail keep its data?

Hi folks,
    I have migrated from Mandriva to Kubuntu. Before I dumped Mandriva I backed up my home partition so that I could carry on 'as was' in Kubuntu. I was hoping I could just pick up my Mandiva /home/dino/.* directories & drop then into Kubuntus' /home/dino/ directory but now realise things aren't that simple.

I have found that I can take the Mandriva /home/dino/.Mail as /home/dino/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail and I get the folders and message headers appearing in kmail. However, when I click on a message the header changes to 'No subject' with everything else 'unknown'.

What really does me in, though, is that I need the address book restored and do not where it should be or what to look for. 'What to look for' so that I can unearth it from my Mandriva backup and 'Where it should be' so that I can place it in Kubuntu. Can anyone help me with this, please?

Any further help on properly restoring the Inbox would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance, Kimdino

Re: Where does kmail keep its data?

You may want to have a look at this post: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3080767.0
    especially the last two replies. Changing the permissions on those files is essential, otherwise you'll get the dreaded "no subject" and "unknown".

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
    X