This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kopete-KDE4 Does not connect to MSN

For some reason Kopete-KDE4 will not connect to the MSN server. It was working periodically since upgrading, but now it simply will not connect.

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I have KWallet disabled as I do not need/use it. This is console output for the kopete-kde4 command.

QEventDispatcherUNIX::unregisterTimer: invalid argument
    QObject::connect: Connecting from COMPAT signal (KAction::activated())
    kopete(9900) Kopete::IdentityManager::load: Created identity "AGATngRRPQ"
    kopete(9900) Kopete::AccountManager::setOnlineStatus: category: 2 ,Kopete::OnlineStatusManager::Away: 4
    QObject::connect: Cannot connect QDBusErrorHelper:endingCallError(QDBusError,QDBusMessage) to KWallet::Wallet:null)
    Any thoughts on where I can start looking to solve this problem
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Re: Kopete-KDE4 Does not connect to MSN

WHAT -- Kopete KDE4 actually runs?

I feel cheated ....

Comment

Yes dibl I can get it to run but as for MSN, I couldn't get it to connect in its KDE3 incarnation either! So use Pidgin instead. Reported it to the Kopete folks.

TG

Comment

Strangly it doesn't only run here but it also connects perfectly with msn...

So far I have not encountered a major bug, feature completeness is what's holding me back to use kde4 more (for instance the lack of adjustability to the panel)

Comment

i'm having the same problem atm (kopete 0.50 in kde4). but i think its cuz i cancelled when kwallet prompted me for my password so kopete connect. the problem is, once you cancel it, kwallet won't ask again and hence you can't connect. of course its a bug...
          but that is my case, i don't know about the rest of you.
          <br />

Comment

That problem was there also in kopete 0.12.7, don't know if I have place it under bugs or under features :P

Comment

It started working again... I don't know why but I won't complain.
              Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It&#39;s what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Working...
              X