This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flash plugin problem

At approximately the time I installed kde4, flash plugin stopped working for konqueror (3.5.8) and firefox. Everytime I go to a page with a flash plugin, I get an message asking if I want to install flash. I have reinstalled the flashplugin-nonfree package and both firefox and konqueror report that there is a flash plugin installed (enter "aboutlugins" in the address bar for firefox or Settings>Configure Konqueror>Plugins>Plugins tab for konqueror) .

Any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
    Paul

Re: flash plugin problem

What version are you using ?

Topic: flashplugin r115 update breaks Konqueror
    All,

Before everyone else gets hosed. I thought I should let you know: the latest flash upgrade (r115) my repositories suggested (YMMV) hosed my Konqueror (and Opera)...

Maybe FAQ: Adobe flash helps.
    - What flashplugin-nonfree does
    - Installing flashplugin (libflashplayer.so) by hand
    - Flashplugin with Konqueror
    - Problems with r115 (where to get older versions)
    - Testing Adobe flash plugin

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Try looking in the folder '~/.mozilla/plugins/' for the file 'libflashplayer.so'. That would be where firefox keeps the flash plugin file.

On one of my computers, computers flashplugin-nonfree worked, and on the other one, downloading the tar.gz file from Adobe and install it manually. Both my desktop machines run r115 with Firefox perfectly. I do not know about konqueror, as I only use that for local file browsing and I don't use Opera.

Link for Flash Download from Adobe:
      http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...9_linux.tar.gz
      HP dv2600: Core2 @ 2.2 GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce-M 8400SE , Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy 32-bit<br />Gateway E4000: P4 @ 2.4GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200SE, Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy 32-bit<br />Averatec 2200: Turion64 @ 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, Ubuntu Server 7.10 Gutsy 64-bit

Comment

I'm using r48 as in package 9.0.48.0.2+really0ubuntu12
        I'm pretty sure that's the original package released w/ 7.10.
        Paul

Originally posted by Rog131
        What version are you using ?

Topic: flashplugin r115 update breaks Konqueror
        All,

Before everyone else gets hosed. I thought I should let you know: the latest flash upgrade (r115) my repositories suggested (YMMV) hosed my Konqueror (and Opera)...

Maybe FAQ: Adobe flash helps.
        - What flashplugin-nonfree does
        - Installing flashplugin (libflashplayer.so) by hand
        - Flashplugin with Konqueror
        - Problems with r115 (where to get older versions)
        - Testing Adobe flash plugin

Comment

OK, I realized that I'm actually using flashplugin v115.
          I followed the FAQ to download the tar.gz file and extract flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so to ~/.mozilla/plugins.

After restarting firefox, about: plugins still indicates that v115 is installed.

Boo hoo.
          Paul

Comment

As long as the 115 version .so file exists in the plugin directory, it's going to be listed. If you successfully put the 48 version .so file into the plugin directory, then delete the 115 version.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I do believe this did it! Yippee!
              Thanks.

Originally posted by Snowhog
              As long as the 115 version .so file exists in the plugin directory, it's going to be listed. If you successfully put the 48 version .so file into the plugin directory, then delete the 115 version.

Comment

Of course, you now want to visit a flash enabled site to confirm that Konqueror will now view the flash content.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Already thought of that one.

Originally posted by Snowhog
                  Of course, you now want to visit a flash enabled site to confirm that Konqueror will now view the flash content.

Comment

Working...
                  X