This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 and KMail (my problem or repos?)

So I installed KDE4-core today with no problem, following the instructions at Kubuntu.org (I did an uninstall of the old RC first).

The core installed fine, and runs nicely. Unfortunately, the only kdepim-kde4 in the repositories I have is 3.97. The description says it's part of the official release, but then I'm confused by the version number. If I select it to install in Adept it indicates that installing it would break things, and does so in that attention-grabbing bright red font which is pretty successful at motivating me to stop and check things out very carefully first.

I'm in no rush to switch to kde4, but I like the look of it. I can continue using the kmail (and kontact) version from 3.5, but is there a proper working version of kmail for the 4.0 release?

Re: KDE4 and KMail (my problem or repos?)

no, the kdepim applications are not in a very usable state right now. I am not sure of the timeline for it, but it looks like it is being developed separately from the base kde

Comment

Ah. Thanks for the confirmation. Couldn't find anything particular on it. A shame really.

Comment

LOL - I was just wondering the same thing myself: Why was there no kmail application installed in /usr/lib/kde4/bin/ when I added the KDE4 packages to my 7.10 configuration.

I guess I'll just have to wait too.

Comment

Working...
        X