Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE 4 scrambles video to where it is unusable, even after CTRL+ALT+(BACKSPACE/F1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4 scrambles video to where it is unusable, even after CTRL+ALT+(BACKSPACE/F1

I have a triple headed system, 64-bit, one display on the onboard Intel video and two displays on an ATI Radeon 7000. If I manage to get an application to launch on the Intel display (I have no desktop and no Kicker or equivalent on the Intel display), if I then right click on the top of the window and pick Advanced->Special Window Settings...->Then change a setting and click OK, all three displays scramble and flicker. Then all I can do is CTRL+ALT+F1 (CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE doesn't help, everything stays scrambled), once in the scrambled console, unable to see anything, I type my username, ENTER, my password, ENTER, sudo shutdown -r now, ENTER, my password, ENTER. Then once rebooted, if I go back to KDE 4 from kdm, it scrambles instantly. If I then follow the steps above to reboot again, and then go to KDE 3.5 instead of 4, everything is fine, if I then launch KDE 4 in Xephyr, then log out, then log out of KDE 3.5, I can then go from kdm to KDE 4 and it stays unscrambled until I forget and follow the steps above for scrambling all of the displays.

Anyone else have this or a simular problem? Let me know if you figure out how to fix it.
Working...
X