This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 panel vanished & KDE4 unstable to point of crashing

ok so basically, I installed a couple of bits (or tried to) for KDE4, including Juk etc. Had errors come up during install so figured I'd just give them a miss, but now KDE4 is simply knackered.

The panel/taskbar at the bottom has completely vanished, the icon set has changed to High contrast and when I try to change it it crashes KDE (although compiz still runs fine, I just cant access any KDE functions or menus etc). I've purged and re-installed teh core to no effect.

Any ideas?
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: KDE4 panel vanished & KDE4 unstable to point of crashing

Log out of KDE4, log to either KDE3 or a console (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and run
    Code:
    rm -r ~/.kde4
    This deletes your kde4 settings, and when you log in the next time, the default settings are copied there. You'll get you panel and default icons back. Unfortunately, there's almost nothing you can do about stability.
    The Nomad's Land - some Linux humor too

Comment

Re: KDE4 panel vanished & KDE4 unstable to point of crashing

That's a bit excessive.

I don't even know if you need to remove the conf files at all but I did and since then I've had no problems. Here's what I did

rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasmarc && kill -9 `pgrep plasma` && plasma &

Comment

Working...
      X