This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kde4 icons problems

When i logged in the first time on kde4 session, i had the icons from kde3 desktop on kde4 desktop, but every time that i log in again, it loads twice all icons, i mean, if i had home icon the first time, the second time that i logged in i had two home icons, the third, four, ....

How can i solve this annoying problem?

Re: kde4 icons problems

Nobody knows or nobody have this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix-TX
      When i logged in the first time on kde4 session, i had the icons from kde3 desktop on kde4 desktop,
      This did not happen to me, and I haven't heard of it from others. Actually, what you should see when you first log into KDE 4 is NO icons at all. Sounds like maybe something when a little wrong with your KDE 4 installation.

Comment

The first time i've logged in kde4 session, it showed on desktop the same icons that i have on my kde3 desktop, but every time that i logged in, it shows every icon multiplied. I mean, if the first time, i had Home.desktop, the second time that i logged in, it shows Home.desktop twice, so i have to remove one of them. I have 18 icons on my kde3 desktop, so every time that i log in on kde4 session i have 36 icons, and i have to remove "cloned" icons.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm -- sounds like time to empty your KDE 3 desktop! :P

Comment

But that's not solve my problem, because if i have one icon, every time that i log in on kde4 session, i'll have that icon twice. Having more o least icons is not the problem for me. The problem is the cloned icons.

Comment

I've had the same problem here on my desktop. The more I log in KDE4, the more my desktop icons multiply: two logins, desktop icons repeat themselves twice; three logins, desktop icons are repeated three times, and so on.

I've found no solution to this problem so far.

Comment

I've got the same problem here.

Comment

I guess it is time to report a bug:
                  https://bugs.launchpad.net/
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Added with Fenix-TX description. In https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/183138

Comment

Try this right click on the desktop,select Configure Desktop then untick 'show icons' then save.
                      Now go into System Settings, click on Advanced tab, then select Session manager and choose 'Restore manually saved session' and also choose Turn off the Computer' for the Shutdown options.

Now exit , do a shutdown of your computer or a restart, then log back in. Now what do you get? Are you still getting the icons showing? Please report back whether or not they are still there.

If they have gone and you want to put some icons on the desktop, then right click again on the desktop go into Desktop settings, and reselect 'show icons'. Please let us know if this has worked.

TG

Comment

Hi technogran,

It appears to work but only after remove the ~/.kde4 folder .

Thanks for all!

Comment

Well thanks for letting me know. As I have found out (purely because I had to find out why my choice of wallpaper was not being saved from one session to the next) there are a lot of different settings regarding logging in and logging out, and how you want things to be when you next log in, your previous settings? (which was probably causing the duplicate every time I log in problem) log in with any changes that I made manually to the desktop (which is why as I found out my manual choice of wallpaper was not there, as the default setting is the previous setting, which was then taking me back to the previous empty screen!) and start a completely new session ( where none of your desktop settings are saved and you are starting from scratch.
                          Try all of these settings and then log in and log out, see the changes that these settings cause, at this stage it's good to experiment ( you can always set them back to defaults if things go wrong!) I am talking here of the System Settings, Session Manager option.

TG

Comment

Hi technogran, i'll try your method when i have time, at this moment i don't have some time to try it. Thanks for the answers from all and for the bug openned.

Comment

Ok. Worked with that method. Now i have another problem. If i setup my mouse with double click to open a file, then clicked or double clicked on desktop icons doesn't works, so i can't use them...

Comment

Working...
                              X