X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 Kopete

Hi everyone,

I have installed KDE4 and everything seems OK except kopete.
    In the new kopete when I click on "add an account", there is no service listed.
    Someone have an idea?

Re: KDE4 Kopete

Hi Antoine,

I had the same problem : I suppose that you're French as I am (because of your first name) and I suppose too that you installed the kde4-i10n-fr package to get all the KDE4 apps in French. I did so too, and i get no protocols in the service list when I want to add an account. I think our problem is in some ways due to internationalization, because after I uninstalled/reinstalled all kde4 stuffs, except the french package, I have an english Kopete but i have the protocol list... And because it works in english, that probably why nobody seems to get the same issue.

Here's what I did (simply uninstall the french package doesn't solve the issue, kopete is still in french then...)

I uninstalled all kde4 stuff (apt-get remove kdelibs5 kde4base-data kde4libs-data)... Had some problems : kdm-kde3 and kubuntu-desktop packages were uninstalled too...

Then I reinstalled kdm, kubuntu desktop, kde4-core and kde4 package BUT not the i10n-fr package...

And then I get my english working kopete...

If someone has a solution to get it to work in French, i'm open to try it

Comment

Re: KDE4 Kopete

Hey,
      I just finished installing KDE4 and had the same problem with kopete like you two guys.
      My solution: I simply switched the language in the System Settings back to US English and it worked!

Greets,
      J

EDIT: Switched back to german, it's still working. So it should also work with the french language pack 8)

Comment

Working...
      X